Bananas have a lot of benefits for those who are fasting.
- It is an instant energy booster
- Bananas hve high fiber content both soluble and insoluble. The soluble part slows down digestion process and makes you feel full for longer time.
- Banana has high fiber fruit and is said to be good for heart and digestion.
- Banana is loaded with essentials like vitamins and minerals like potassium, Calcium, manganese, iron, B6 and many.
- Potassium has the property to retain water thus its advice to have banana in Sehri. It also regulates heartbeat, blood pressure, and keeps the brain alert.
- Banana is good for smokers; it helps to control the smoking habit because it contains vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, potassium and magnesium. It relieves the symptoms that arise out of the sudden discontinuation of nicotine, a harmful substance in tobacco.
Apart from the health benefits, banana can make for some great recipes.
Strawberry Banana Basil pudding
- 1 Banana, mashed
- ½ Cup greek yogurt
- 1 Cup almond milk
- Sugar as per taste
- ¼ Cup basil seeds
- 1 Cup strawberry
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Mix the banana and the yogurt together until smooth.
- Pour in the almond milk (soak almonds overnight, add water and grind, put the mixture on a sieve and filter it.)
- Add basil seeds, and strawberries, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate, covered for 4 hours.
- Spoon the pudding into desired serving dish and top with sliced bananas and diced strawberries.
Kiwi Banana Smoothie
- 2 Bananas
- 3 Cups of milk
- 1 Kiwi
- Sugar as per taste
- Mash the banana in a mixer
- Add Kiwi and mix well
- Put in milk and whisk well
- For topping use dried berries.
Banana Pancake with Blueberry
- 2 bananas
- 4 eggs
- blueberry, to taste
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Heat butter or oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Pour pancake batter into the warm pan to cook.
- Garnish with desired number of blueberries. After about a minute and a half (or until golden) flip to finish cooking.
- Serve warm.
Frozen Banana with Coconut and Almond
- 10 bananas,
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup almond, chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 20 popsicle sticks
- Peel bananas and cut in half.
- Place ice-crème inside bananas and put on tray with butter paper.
- Freeze for 1 to 3 hours depending on how firm you want your bananas to be.
- Combine almonds and coconut into a bowl.
- Heat semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave at 30 second intervals until liquefied.
- Coat bananas in chocolate and sprinkle with the almond and coconut mixture. Set aside and freeze for an additional 10 minutes.
Frozen Banana chocolate
- 3 bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup crispy rice cereal
- Cut the bananas into slices and place into a freezer safe bag. Freeze until solid.
- In a food processor add frozen bananas, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- In a dish place butter paper and spread the mixture over it. Freeze for at least two hours.
- Add dark chocolate and coconut oil into a bowl. Microwave for 1 ½ minutes, stir occasionally until it blends well.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool completely then add crispy rice cereal. Mix well.
- Take out the banana mixture and place it on a flat surface. Now cut it into cubes.
- Dip the cubes into chocolate mixture until evenly coated.
- Place bites on a tray and freeze.
Like this story? Producing quality journalism costs. Make a Donation & help keep our work going.